Monday, November 7, 2016

Thank You

When I think back through some of my darkest moments, the one thing holding me up has always been my friends. The way my psyche works, people mean a lot and add an enormous amount of significance to my life. Their opinions, their values, their advice, their words: I take it all to heart. When they hurt, I hurt. When they laugh, I laugh. You could say I "sync" up with people easily. I connect with people on a level I never knew existed and to be honest, would have never chosen to do if I had a choice in the matter.

I have been gifted with some amazing friends. When I sit back and think about each individual I have in my life, it blows my freaking mind. I never went out and looked for them. I never sat down and prayed for them to enter into my life. They just subtly entered. And I love them for that reason.

When I've hated myself, they've showed me I was worth loving. When I've been sick, they've offered to drop everything. When I'm drowning in depression, they show me where the light is. When I can't see Jesus, they show me how to find him. I have grown beyond belief because of the people in my "inner circle."

They have stuck with me through the thick of it all.

Through the pain.

Through the tears.

Through the heartache.

Through the suffering.

Why? What have I possibly done to deserve this kind of love? How have I gotten to this point where people are willing to drop everything for me?

I have done absolutely nothing. I can never do anything to deserve this. 

And I never will.

Thank you to all the people in my life. Thank you for the support. Thank you for the long walks on the pier. Thank you for picking me up when I have an anxiety attack. Thank you for answering my phone calls. Thank you for understanding me through the tears and convulsions. Thank you for wasting your gas to come see me.Thank you for the sacrifices of time and energy.

Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment