Sunday, October 30, 2016

Trust

"Trust"

Even when I say it some people cringe.

Trust is such an underrated and overused word, it gets old after a while.

"Just trust me," they say, "everything will be fine."

Um, no, everything will NOT be fine, thank you very much. How should you even be able to trust the person that tells you that? Do they even know what they're talking about?

With a grateful heart, I can honestly tell you that I trust people very easily. Some like to tell me, "Well, you better be careful with who you hang out with because you're going to be easily influenced." or "That's naive." but I am not ashamed. I am also not naive. I know what I believe in and what I stand for. Just because someone is has a teachable spirit and trusts in people easily does not make them of a naive or immature nature. I have many, many excuses to not trust in people. I have experienced the backlash of losing people's trust and people losing mine in them. But, at the end of the day, it's not worth it.

Mistrusting people is not worth an ounce of your selfish pride. It is not fair to yourself and especially the innocent people around you to walk around in a miserable fog of depression because of your mistrust in others. There are some pretty messed up people in the world but you can't profile every single person that walks by you and deem them "untrustworthy."

Going back to the fact that I trust people easily... I don't. My first reaction to everything and everybody is to hate them because who knows what damage they could do to my life? I CHOOSE to put aside my feelings and emotions and go out on a limb to trust people. Do I have to? Nope. But I refuse to live miserably and miss out on the amazing things in this life.

Face it. We live in a world full of people. You trust people every single day even when you don't know it. Whether it's from crying on someone's shoulder or receiving a hamburger from McDonald's. You trust people. It's just a fact of life.

So accept it. Stop being prideful. Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment